Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Skyward Sword


So after what looked to be two days of play time turned out to last one more day than I thought it would but Skyward Sword has been beaten. Overall it was great. This one was really well done. It was much harder and longer than Twilight Princess, which is what needed to happen. Not that Twilight Princess was bad. It had a really good storyline. It was just too short and too easy. Anyways that is not the point of this post. So what were the pros and cons. One thing that I liked was it did a really good job with integrating new things but still keeping the classic Zelda atmosphere. One of my favorites was the time shift zones. That was really interesting. One of the things that I did not like was there was no blunt two handed weapon. Instead they give you a sling shot and a bug net. I guess the sling shot was needed because they did not give you like any other ranged weapon until the end of the game. This was another thing I did not like. At least give me the bow or the claw shot early. This would allow for an open space of the blunt object. Also I hated the music system in this one. I have like rhythm and suck at those music games so this was a pain in the ass. Also sometimes you would loose the connection so you would stop playing and this would fuck you up and if not force you to fail fall behind. Another thing was Groose was a hilarious side character. At first I thought he was just going to be that weak rival that was not the main character but wanted to be but they turned him around and did a good job with it. I mean just look at him. Badass. Anyway overall I would say it was great. Here is to looking forward to the next installment of Zelda.

No comments:

Post a Comment