Monday, September 19, 2011

The Voodoo Shuffle

My recent computer problems make me think back to the days when video game tech was new and magical. So when something went wrong with your Nintendo everyone had their own voodoo rituals to make it work again. You would blow on the cartridge a certain way and some random # of times. Then you would blow on the inside of the Nintendo. Then you would take the game in and out and then push the power button x # of time. After that who knows what would happen. None of this really solved the problem but it would eventually work. The game would come on and you would be able to play for as long as the power of the ritual lasted. Some times I wish this shit would still work and I could take my computer and like dance around it or something and it would work for x amount of time before I would have to do it again. You can apply the same principles to the rest of the world as well. The more we figured out the less of an adventure life became. The magic of the world left and now all we have is technical bull shit. So I might need to get my frog on a stick to solve some problems in my life here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment