Sunday, November 20, 2011

Handing out Titles

One thing that I have noticed lately is that they are starting to spread the classic rock title to bands that only criteria is that they have rock music and are 20+ years old. Seriously leave the 90's out of classic rock. It is fine if a band who is formally in the classic rock period is still putting out music and it is being played. This is fine. There is more to classic rock than just it is old rock. It was more of a period thing. When it came out it had its own general keep it there. Alternative is alternative not alternative classic rock. Stop just throwing that title around. The genera is defined stop adding shit to it. If I wanted to listen to alternative rock I would listen to an alternative rock station. I listen to classic rock because that is what I want to hear I stopped caring about alternative rock in the 90s.

No comments:

Post a Comment