Saturday, March 12, 2011

Disillusionment

As a historian I know that it is foolish to think that you can choose a better time to live. The idea is that the best time to live would be one where the standard of living is the highest for the greatest number of people. To live in an era where the majority of people are poor peasant farmers are horrible living conditions. Unless of course you get off on that. The truth usually is that the best time to be living is the present. No one wants to believe this. People always think that there is a better time to live. What they tend to overlook is the condition of the common person. For this is your highest chance of what you would be if you were to some how find yourself transported into the past. Only the few would be lucky enough to be someone important.

All of this is brought about a current state disillusionment. It just seems like I'm living here for no reason and that I'm missing something or missed something in my life. All of my life seems to be nothing more than me waiting around for death with few goals. Is living a life of mild comfort and enjoying the company of trusted companions really that bad. It jsut seems like I do not fit well in the current world. That I should have been born some other time or some other place. When I started this post I had a better understanding of what I wanted to say but it looks like I lost my train of thought so I'm going to end it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment